me-myself-I-some-special-guests-and-you

Welcome to my blog.Here is where I'll say all the truth about me myself and I.I raise my right hand and I swear to say the truth,the whole truth and nothing but the truth,so help me god.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The number of languages spoken in the world was estimated at 6703 in 1996 and at about 6800 in 2002. Barbara F. Grimes, made the study that she reported in her book entiteled Ethnologue. Between 1996 and 2002 no new languages was discovered, the study was just better entered in the account.


Here are the statistics in 1996:




Some additional information:

  • Indonesia is the most linguistically diverse coutry in Asia with 660 different languages spoken in the country,
  • Nigeria is the most linguistically diverse country in Africa with 470 different languages spoken in the country,
  • New Guinea is the most linguistically diverse country in Oceania (and in the world) with 817 different languages spoken in the country,
  • Mexico is the most linguistically diverse country in America with 289 different languages spoken in the country,
  • Russia is the most linguistically diverse country in Europe with 56 (yes 56) different languages spoken in the country.

...I speak 13 listed and non listed languages, you don't believe me ? do the math: I speak 4 listed languages, french slang, HTML, turbo pascal, basic, law, body language, word salad, gibberish and waffles...I'm on the way...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home